The largest academic strike in U.S. history ended last month with a landmark agreement between the University of California and graduate student teaching assistants and graduate student researchers.
How significant is this agreement? What might it mean for students and colleges outside of the UC?
- Emily Weintraut, Graduate student teaching assistant and researcher, UC Davis
- Michael Burke, Reporter, EdSource
- Ashley A. Smith, Reporter, EdSource
Read more from EdSource:
- University of California disrupted as 48,000 academic workers continue strike
- As tensions mount over final grades, academic researchers and scholars reach tentative agreement with UC
- Students fear losing aid as grades are withheld during strike
Education Beat is a weekly podcast hosted by EdSource’s Zaidee Stavely and produced by Coby McDonald.