Want to republish an EdSource article?
EdSource, an independent nonprofit organization founded in 1977, is dedicated to providing analysis on key education issues facing the state and nation. EdSource allows other publications to republish its articles, online or in print, at no charge, provided adherence to the following guidelines:
- Editing stories: Trimming stories for length or adding additional localized reporting is allowed. However, if you wish to make material edits, please contact EdSource for approval prior to publication. Contact Anne Vasquez, director of content & strategic initiatives, at email@example.com.
- Crediting EdSource: Authors and EdSource should be credited in the byline.
- Online Link: Include a link back to either the EdSource home page or the article URL . Please include link near the top of the article.
- Monetization: EdSource stories cannot be sold, but it’s OK to put EdSource articles on pages with ads.
- Republishing images: Images taken by EdSource staff are allowed to be republished. However, some images, such as those from third-party providers, cannot be republished without permission or payment. Proceed with caution. If you have questions, please contact Anne Vasquez, director of content & strategic initiatives, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Charts/graphics/interactive graphics: Same rules apply to EdSource charts and graphics. Please provide proper credits and links. On occasion, EdSource editors may be able to provide partners with localized data. Those requests can be made by contacting Anne Vasquez, director of content & strategic initiatives, at email@example.com.
- RSS Feeds: News organizations cannot systematically republish all EdSource articles via RSS feed or other mechanism.
- Podcast and video: The same requirements apply.
- Print: Articles can be published in print under the same rules/guidelines.
- Signed consent: Forms are not required, provided these guidelines are followed.
Notification of Publication: EdSource tracks the republishing of its content. Please email EdSource when republishing a story: Contact Anne Vasquez, director of content & strategic initiatives, at firstname.lastname@example.org.