EdSource Advisory Council
The EdSource Advisory Council, a distinguished 12-member group of experts from diverse education and communication backgrounds, guides us in using new communications tools to their maximum effect and ensuring we provide useful and relevant content that contributes to moving education forward in California and beyond.
The council is in addition to EdSource’s 18-person board of directors.
Advisory council members include:
- Kim Pattillo Brownson, Vice President of Policy & Strategy at First 5 LA
- Joan Buchanan, California Assembly 2008-14 and Former Chair, Assembly Education Committee
- Jeff Camp, Founder, Ed100.org
- Oscar Cruz, President and CEO, Families in Schools
- Richard Koci Hernandez, Assistant Professor of New Media, UC Berkeley Graduate School of Journalism
- Taryn Ishida, Executive Director, Californians for Justice
- Kelvin Lee, Former School Superintendent, Dry Creek Elementary School District; former EdSource Board Member and President
- Jennifer O’Day, Institute Fellow, American Institutes for Research
- Martin Reynolds, Senior Fellow for Strategic Planning, Maynard Institute for Journalism Education
- Peter Rivera, Senior Program Officer, California Community Foundation
- Peter Schrag, Author and Former Editorial Page Editor, Sacramento Bee
- Michele Siqueiros, President, Campaign for College Opportunity