EdSource Job Opening
Strategic Operations Lead (Contract)
EdSource is seeking an experienced strategic operations professional (contract) to manage the organization’s operations, including supporting human resources and payroll administration.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record in operations management, with the goal of maximizing efficiency and effectiveness throughout an organization, while ensuring all activities are aligned with its mission and culture. The strategic operations role will be a thought partner of the CEO, Director of Operations and HR Consultant to implement and integrate new retirement and benefit policies, procedures, tools and to help build a scalable HR system that will endure and grow as the organization evolves.
Founded in 1977, EdSource is a leading nonprofit journalism organization reporting on education in California and runs the largest newsroom of education reporters in the state.
Additionally, the strategic operations lead will be a thought partner to the Director of Development, Director of Operations and CEO to oversee selection, project management and implementation of a new customer relationship management (CRM) system.
Candidates should be Bay Area based, with the plan to work in a hybrid position based in EdSource’s headquarters in Oakland.
Benefits, HR and Development
- In partnership with HR Consultant and Director of Operations, project manage the development, integration, knowledge management of new benefit policies;
- Serve as a thought partner to implement HR technology solutions and lead successful implementation of suitable Human Resource Information Technology (HRIS);
- Support the implementation of HR benefit policies, procedures, and tools for June 1st renewal time frame and April 15 – May 15 open enrollment period;
- In partnership with Director of Development, Director of Operations and CEO lead the negotiation of favorable arrangements with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and membership providers;
- In partnership with CEO and Director of Operations, manage hiring and with the support and partnership of the Office Manager’s onboarding processes for new personnel;
- In partnership with the Office Manager, support the Director of Operations to lead and oversee payroll administration and management;
- Monitor employee benefits and ensure that all benefits, including the 403(b) and health savings account, are properly administered;
- Support the Director of Operations to ensure that annual performance reviews are completed in a timely manner and that all employee personnel files are current;
- Other HR duties as needed and appropriate.
- Partner with the Office Manager to ensure our transition to a hybrid workplace runs smoothly;
- Work closely with EdSource’s Office Manager, Director of Operations and accountant to approve invoices and reconcile monthly transactions.
- Other duties as assigned.
Budget and Finances
- Provide budget support in partnership with the CEO and Director of Operations for the quarterly EdSource Board’s Finance Committee.
- Provide grant budget support in partnership for development efforts as needed.
- Proven experience in operations or relevant operational, finance and project management experience in California is a plus, with a minimum of 2-5 years of experience. Preference is for some experience with 501(c) 3 organizations.
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal abilities.
- Understand financial reports and accounting processes.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office, Excel, databases and information systems.
Please send a cover letter, resume and provide contact information for three references (one direct manager) to email@example.com. Please include the job title in the subject line.
EdSource is an equal opportunity employer and an organization that values diversity. People from all diverse backgrounds, all races, colors, origins, ancestries, creeds, religions, genders, ages, disabilities, veteran statuses, sexual orientations, and marital statuses are strongly encouraged to apply.
Return to main jobs page